Saturday, November 12, 2011

Naughty AND Nice!



Well, today Joey had some ups and downs.

We started off the morning with him counter surfing. Unfortunately, he was successful. It seems I've gotten used to having well behaved seniors about the house, and I absentmindedly left the second half of my breakfast bagel sandwich on the counter...not for long! You'd think I would have learned my lesson, yet I went in the other room to retrieve something and he had stolen a piece of the celery I'd been cutting up at lunchtime. Luckily, he did not take a liking to it because I found it all mangled on the bedroom floor. So, he was reprimanded for stealing food and I reprimanded myself for setting him up for it...twice!
That was the naughty part.

The nice part is that last night, Joey showed us he is indeed a fast learner and he is timidly shaking hands now...for treats of course!

Also, today we had a visit by my sister's golden retriever and Joey interacted very nicely, though with a muzzle at first, since we didn't know what to expect. Then tonight we took a car ride to Petsmart and got new treats. Joey still panted the whole time in the car, being nervous, but finally settled down when we were almost back home. We're hoping with practice, and maybe a visit to Mimi's house, he'll understand that car rides bring good things.

Keep up the good work, Joey!

No comments:

Post a Comment